Identity theft protection
To help associates prevent and navigate the challenges of identity fraud, a Identity Theft Monitoring and Recovery plan is available for voluntary enrollment. In addition to Identity theft protection, Mariner also offers a network of experienced lawyers who can provide advice and consultation on specific legal matters. Through payroll deduction, participants can enroll in individual or family protection in one or both of these programs.
Who is Eligible and When
Active associates, their spouse and up to 8 dependent children up to age 26 are all eligible for coverage. The coverage is effective the first of the month following date of hire.
Identity Theft Monitoring and Recovery Coverage:
- Identity Consultation – best practice education and resources; fraud alerts and notifications
- Privacy Monitoring – Black Market surveillance; social feeds and chat rooms; mailing address changes using your Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Security Monitoring – Black Market surveillance, court records, continuous credit monitoring and inquiry alerts, credit score tracking and Payday Loan monitoring
- Identity Fraud Protection – $1 million guarantee, If you incur expenses as a result of a stolen identity event, IDshield covers lost wages, elder and child care, travel, legal defense fees and stolen funds via electronic transfers
- Unlimited Service Guarantee – IDshield has industry leading Licensed Private Investigators and they will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes to help recover and restore your identity to its pre-theft status
- Member Perks – hundreds of merchants and thousands of discounts with local and national providers on everyday purchases
- Advice and Consultation (Personal) Phone consultations for any personal legal matter, even pre-existing matters
- Letters/Phone Calls made on your behalf
- Document Review, Loan Document Assistance and Will Prep
- Speeding Ticket Assistance, Income tax audit representation and Civil Trial Defense
- 24/7/365 Emergency Legal Access
Detecting and preventing ID theft is only as good as the information supplied for monitoring services. Participants are strongly encouraged to engage immediately during the account set-up process to establish all facets of family members’ personal information desired for ongoing monitoring and review. Account activation information is provided in the Documents section of this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ - Display Set to None
New Medical cards can be ordered through your online portal at www.mycigna.com. You also have access to a mobile ID card through the MyCigna Smartphone App.
I recently moved, how can I update my address with IDShield?
Your address can be updated directly through ADP (www.workforcenow.adp.com). After logging in you will go to “Myself” –> “My Information” -> “Profile”. From there you can update all personal information, including your address by clicking on the “View More” icon in the Personal information Section.
After you update your address in ADP, it will update with all benefit providers.
I am getting married, can I add my new spouse to my IDShield election?
Getting married is considered a Qualifying Life Event (QLE). You have up to 30 days after the Qualifying Life Event to make changes to your benefit elections, including canceling your coverage, or adding coverage for your new spouse. If you want to make any additional changes, you can do so directly through ADP.
Coverage for your spouse will begin on the first of the month coinciding with or following your marriage effective date. Coverage is only available for your spouse if coverage is approved for you.
In order to activate the work event in ADP, we require a signed marriage license.
Do I need to designate a beneficiary?
A beneficiary does not need to be designated for this benefit. However dependents may needed to be added to the IDShield online portal for active monitoring.
FAQ - Display Set to None
Is my Domestic Partner Eligible for IDShield Coverage?
Our IDShield plan does not allow enrollment for girlfriends, boyfriends, siblings, domestic partners or grandchildren (unless adopted by you).
I am leaving the plan, when does my coverage end?
Coverage will end the last calendar day of the month.
When is my child no longer eligible for IDShield coverage with Mariner?
Dependents are eligible to maintain coverage on our IDShield plan until the end of the year in which they turn 26. This includes children who are married or have employment elsewhere.